Translate this page
How to Help
Rule 6.1 of the Hawaii Professional Rules of Conduct states that a lawyer should aspire to provide at least fifty hours of pro bono services per year.
Please check with the following legal service providers to find out how you can help:
- Access to Justice Room at the Honolulu District Court¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† The Honolulu District Court Access to Justice Room is a joint effort of the Judiciary, the Hawaii Access to Justice Commission, the Hawaii State Bar Association, and the Legal Aid Society of Hawaii to increase access to justice for self-represented litigants at the state District Court.¬† Volunteer attorneys are needed to provide legal advice through short-term limited legal services and help self-represented litigants better understand the court process and the law, which may apply to their case.¬†¬†¬†¬†The hours of¬† the Access to Justice Room¬†are:¬† ¬†Mondays and Wednesdays weekly, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.; and the first and third Fridays of the month from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.¬† ¬†¬† Training for attorneys wishing to volunteer will be held at the HSBA.¬† Please contact Brian Simon at the HSBA office¬†at 808-792-7347 for training dates.¬† Also sign up at:¬† http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/443224216012
- Access to Justice Room at Family Court (Kapolei)¬†¬†¬†¬† The Access to Justice Room at the Ronald T.Y. Moon Kapolei Courthouse, 4675 Kapolei Parkway, Kapolei HI¬† 96707 is¬†open on the first and third Thursdays of every month, 11:30 to 1:30 p.m.
- Self Help Center (Maui)¬†¬†¬†¬† The Self¬†Help Center¬†located at Hoapili Hale, 2145 Main Street, Wailuku, HI is¬†open on Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. to noon.¬†¬†¬†Please contact Jennifer Oana, Nicole Forelli, or Judge Rhonda Loo at firstname.lastname@example.org to help.¬†¬†¬†
- Self Help Center (Hilo)¬†¬†¬†¬† The Self Help Center located at Hale Kaulike, 777 Kilauea Avenue, first floor, Hilo, HI¬† 96720-4212, is open on Mondays and Fridays from 11:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.¬†¬† Please contact Jennifer L. Zelko-Schlueter at (808) 961-0406 or email@example.com to volunteer.
- Self Help Center (Kauai)¬†¬†¬†¬† The Self Help Center located at Puuhonua, 3970 Kaana Street, Lihue, HI¬† 96766, is open Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to noon.¬†¬† Please contact Alton Amimoto, Deputy Chief Court Administrator, Fifth Circuit, (808) 482-2347 to volunteer.
- Domestic Violence Action Center
- Hawaii Disability Rights Center
- Hawaii Immigrant Justice Center
Ph.: 536-8826 or 1-877-208-8828
- Legal Aid Society of Hawaii
- Maximum Legal Services Corporation
- Mediation Center of the Pacific
- Native Hawaiian Legal Corporation
- UH Elder Law Clinic
- Volunteer Legal Services Hawaii
Ph.: 528-7046 or 800-839-5200